We’ve been getting a lot of questions about how texting works with Cricket Wireless. Well, here you go! If you’ve got a Cricket phone, here’s what you need to know about SMS.
- Maximum message length: 160 characters
- What happens to longer messages: Unknown
- Cost per message: Free to receive messages; to send messages, you need to sign up for a plan that includes text messaging. Most plans include unlimited messaging to U.S. and Canada. Messages to Mexico cost $0.10 and other international messages cost $0.15 each (except Canada).
- More information: Cricket Wireless Text Messaging Support
- Sending email to a Cricket phone: Your address is [10-digit-phone-number]@sms.mycricket.com. For example, if your phone number is 123-456-7890, your email address would be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want to receive multimedia messages (pictures, music and short videos) you use a similar address: email@example.com (just change the “sms” part of the address to “mms”).
To send a message to a Cricket subscriber (or up to 5 subscribers at a time), use the Cricket Wireless send a text form online. It’s free!