If your cellular service provider is Alltel, here’s what you need to know about using SMS text messaging with your cell phone. Alltel calls it “Axcess Text Messaging.”
- Maximum message length: 200 characters [according to commenter Edward, below].
- What happens to longer messages: Split into a maximum of two 100-character messages.
- Cost per message: 15 cents per message sent or received; 25 cents per picture message. (Messaging packs reduce the cost if you send hundreds of SMS messages per month.)
- For more information: Axcess Text Messaging
- Sending email to your phone: Use the address format: [10-digit phone number]@message.alltel.com
Note: The correct spelling is “Alltel,” not “Alltell.”