Virgin Mobile SMS

July 28, 2006 by Dylan Tweney

If you’ve got a cell phone from Virgin Mobile, here’s what you need to know about using SMS text messaging with your mobile.

• Maximum message length: 160 characters.
  • What happens to longer messages: Anything beyond 160 characters will be cut off.
  • Cost per message: 10 cents for each message you send or receive to U.S. numbers. For international recipients, you pay 20 cents/message to send and 10 cents to receive. Monthly Messaging Packs will lower your per-message cost if you use SMS a lot.
  • For more information: Virgin Mobile Text Messaging
  • Sending email to your phone: Use the address format [10-digit phone number]@vmobl.com
    Example: 5551234567@vmobl.com

Last updated 7/2/2008

38 Responses to “Virgin Mobile SMS”

1. Bruce says:

Why is the word “T-Mobile” included on the line above regarding ‘more’ Virgin Mobile information?

>> For more information: T-Mobile Text Messaging: Virgin Mobile < <

[BTW, the time shown on posting is approx. 5 minutes fast.]

2. Dylan says:

Bruce, thanks for the pointer — I had a typo in the info above. I’ve fixed it!

3. Anonymous says:

How do you send pictures to a virgin mobile phone? (e.g. Slider Sonic)

4. Anonymous says:

To answer my own question. You send pictures to your Virgin mobile phone by using your pictures email address your 10 digit phone number followed by @vmpix.com (e.g. 5555555555@vmpix.com)Hope this helps everyone!

5. Anonymous says:

how do you send ringtones to your virgin mobile

6. Anonymous says:

how do you open attachments when you send via e-mail

7. yogimaese says:

how do you send pix from the phone to email?

8. Anonymous says:

I tried to send a pic to my virgin mobile using the vmpix.com twice and it came over as a blue screen, did I do something wrong??

9. okgee says:

thoughts today.
    I’ll do my best
    to send you
    the warmth of summer
    when winter winds
    come your way and thios my phon number 0233275997787

10. in my opinion virgin mobile is the best prepaid option out there. I have tried Net 10 but is very basic in my area. Does anyone know how to blog picture and comment from your mobile phone with sms. i can send info to my blog but it does not upload the picture

11. abhi says:

Nice offer from vergin mobile but TATA indicom was offers 1000 SMS free in Rs. 30 now i think they increase rate.

12. vino says:

hi da
    how are you ??..
    2moro u’ve leave da..
    reply must

13. Anonymous says:

hi erumai

14. Anonymous says:

Question – Can we SMS contacts list? I’d like to save my contacts and later load them to another phone. Can I send an SMS message that enters a contact into the phone ?

15. Anonymous says:

i have been trying to send a picture from my pc to my cell and i finnally did it :) thank you for posting this information :)

dawn

16. Anonymous says:

i tried that .. it didnt work for me…

17. asfasfasdfd says:

how do you send RINGTONES?

• Anonmys says:

Well first u have to change the file extinction(dada.mp3) to(dada.3g2) which will allow u to set as ringtone and send it but som people might not be able to set it as a ringtine cuz there fone can have a different hard disk

18. Anonymous says:

i tried almost 100 times trying to get just 1 pic and 1 ringtone sent to my phone and not a single one of the attempts worked. i had a friend send me the potential ringtone via text message attachment, when i went to save the sound file, it went straight to "voice memo" and i cant make it go into the ringtone category. i have a samsung mantra through virgin mobile. can someone please help me out with this problem?

• Nanna says:

ihave one of those to and it doesnt work for me either what ami doing wrong?

• JJ V. says:

I have a Mantra too and it's been driving me nuts trying to get my own ringtones on there. Sorry Virgin Mobile, no you're not carrying the latest Japanese rock hits last time I checked. Fail. So I feel your pain. They seem to have gotten every loophole out there on the Mantra. There's no card slot, no downloads available and they even made it so you can't use your voice memos as a ringtone either. It's extremely disappointing. I've heard even people with the datacable and programs like BitPim can't get ringtones on it. Virgin Mobile I like how cheap your rates are, but I do not like not being able to have Monochrome no Kiss as my ringtone.

• amanda says:

i'm having the same exact problem. ugh i wish i could make voice memos ringtones!!!!

• kaylasmommy says:

i bought that phone because virgin mobile said that phone resives sms text and found out after i bought it $70.00 it does not

19. Me says:

Unfortunately Virgin Mobile Does Not Allow You To Save Ringtones Unless You Purchase Through Their Service.sorry.=(

20. kcole says:

doesn't work. period.

21. juanjose galiana says:

hey pals! one thing, I am trying to solve the same problem. Could it be that those having problems is because they use a non 3 band supporting wireless phone?
    this is the only logical cause I see from Spain, where only me receives my sister's sms from virgin mobile in US, as some other friends do not when their phone is not tri-band.
    can you please check and report?
    cheers.

22. doctorJD says:

I love Virgin Mobile I have the samsung Intercept android 2.1 and for 40$ a month have what my friends pay 100$ plus a month . I get anything and everything from this phone. Just didn’t like the price almost 300$ and not having a true 3G network. Sometimes this phones speed reminds me of a Comodore64 if ne1 remembers that computer. Ok my question is can VM give me a printout of my text messages from a certain phone # .

23. SEO Magic says:

I tried it, but it do not work for me :(

24. Sadd says:

whats it mean when your phone power keeps switchin off and on sayin “”error fatal fs_device.C 123″ …………….. And how would u Be able to Get Your Contacts From Your PHone if it keeps doing that??

25. Lyle says:

I won’t email on my cell phone

26. nick says:

Tryin to view history for texts on the virgin mobile home page and its not showing any history at all its very aggravating especially when u need proof of old texts for a court date, tried contacting virgin mobile and don’t think they knew what the hell I was talkin about can anyone help?