TracFone

March 9, 2010 by Dylan Tweney

TracFone offers inexpensive, prepaid cellular service. And yes, they do support text messaging!

• Maximum message length: 160 characters
  • What happens to longer messages: Unknown
  • Cost per message: Unknown
  • More information: TracFone Text Messaging

How to send email to a TracFone: Now this gets a bit tricky, because TracFone actually purchases its cellular service from a bunch of other carriers. Each one of those carriers offers a way of sending email to their phones — but you don’t know off the bat which carrier you’ve got.

So here’s how you find out: Send a series of email messages to the following addresses. Substitute your TracFone’s number for the number in each case:

1234567890@txt.att.net
1234567890@vmobl.com
1234567890@tmomail.net
1234567890@myboostmobile.com
1234567890@messaging.sprintpcs.com
1234567890@messaging.nextel.com
1234567890@mymetropcs.com
1234567890@message.alltel.com
1234567890@questmp.com

You might also try

1234567890@cingularme.com
1234567890@mmode.com

One of those messages will probably get through to your phone. When it does, hit “reply” on your phone and send a short text message back.

You’ll get your reply in your email program — and it will show the email address of your TracFone. Easy as that!

Too much work? You could also try entering your phone number in this reverse cell phone number lookup, which will tell you which carrier “owns” that number. Then look for that carrier in the list of carriers to the right, and use the instructions there to find your phone’s email address.

(Tip of the hat to Bryan Waters for figuring this out!)

17 Responses to “TracFone”

1. blaze says:

that worked great …. thnx

2. Venus says:

Doesn't work for my new t301g tracfone, I can email out but can't recieve emails, even though I can see the destination right in my email! And yes I tried all the above addresses with my # before it

• Critter says:

Venus:

Try using1234567890@tmomail.net from your Gmail account (if you have Google mail).

This particular address works on my Samsung T301g Tracfone. I was also able to send a ringtone attachment from my Gmail account using this email address.

3. Cell master says:

for tracfone the picture mail email address for them is 1234567890@mypixmessages.com

4. Levi says:

How do I get a history of my text messages from my tracfone.

5. Sue says:

how can this be done on a Net10 phone (they are the sister company of Tracfone)

• brandy says:

Tracfone, Net10 and Straighttalk all are the same company but they work independently from each other. With my double minute card that I have for Tracfone, it doesn’t work on my son’s Net10. Apparently there is now a triple minute card available from Tracfone that really has me interested. Anyone got any experience of this?

6. indave says:

I have a Tracfone (Straight Talk) and I can send and recieve texts just fine. However, I've had no luck with picture messages using the numbers posted here. Any suggestions?

7. Joe says:

Have all Cingular phones numbers been swithed from 1234567890@cingularme.com to 1234567890@txt.att.net?

8. Dean says:

Thanks so much. The reverse lookup worked for me and then I only had to send one email to ATT to confirm. I called tracfone customer service six months ago to ask them who my carrier was and they were clueless. So thanks again! Now I can have my bank send me text alerts when my direct deposit comes in and also when my balance is low. And Amazon can now text me when a package is delivered to my home.

9. Donna says:

Thanks!!! Saved me hours of searching!!

10. Katatawnic says:

I’m in So. CA; San Bernardino County. “@txt.att.net” worked for me without a hitch! I can now text my hubby via email until I get my VERY OLD & NOW DEAD phone replaced. YAY! Thank you so much for these instructions, so greatly appreciated! :)

11. Inorbit says:

Hello: After I listen to my message on the tracphone how do I keep it new? Is that possible? Thanks.

12. p0rk ch0p says:

Okey dokey! Had to try most, until, Brrriiinnnggg! My case, @txt.att.net was the magic domain.

Good info. Thanks!

13. jane says:

i hv a tracfone and you can record a video & send it out as a text messg. does any one know the steps how to do that. thks so much