If you’ve got a T-Mobile cell phone, here’s the lowdown on using SMS text messaging with your mobile.
- Maximum message length: 160 characters (including email address, subject line, and body of the message). The subject line is limited to 16 characters and the body of the message can be no longer than 140 characters.
- What happens to longer messages: Unknown
- Cost per message: 20 cents per message. Messages to non-U.S. recipients cost 15 cents to send; sending messages while you are outside the U.S. costs 35 cents. Many plans offer unlimited messaging, and you can add unlimited text messages for $10 per month.
- For more information: T-Mobile Text Messaging FAQ
- Sending email to your phone: Use the address format [10-digit phone number]@tmomail.net