Verizon SMS

July 17, 2006 by Dylan Tweney

Here’s the lowdown on how to use SMS with a Verizon phone.

• Maximum message length: 160 characters, including the sender’s email address, subject line, and callback number
  • What happens to longer messages: Everything after the 160th character will be cut off and discarded
  • Cost: $10/month for 500 messages, $15/month for 1,500, or $20/month for 5,000 messages, plus 10 cents for each message over the limit. This applies to instant messages and picture and video messages (“PIX and FLIX” messages), but not Mobile-to-Mobile texts, which are unlimited. Verizon text message pricing details.
  • More information: Verizon TXT Messaging FAQ
  • Still more details: How to use VText
  • Send a text from a web form: Verizon Send a Text Message form
  • Sending email to a Verizon phone: Use the address format [10-digit-number or vtext nickname]@vtext.com. Example: 9495551212@vtext.com or Sam@vtext.com

Last updated 3/7/2010

47 Responses to “Verizon SMS”

1. Anonymous says:

cost to whom? sender? recipient? sender on Verizon? recipient on Verizon?

2. Dylan says:

Anonymous — This is what it costs a Verizon subscriber to send or receive an SMS message. I’ll update the copy to make sure that’s clear!

3. Anonymous says:

Is there a way to block messages from a specific number or source (I’m getting some kind of “spam” message I’d like to stop)

4. Dylan says:

Anonymous, Verizon does let you block SMS messages from specific sources, or even block all messages that come from the web.

Go to http://www.vtext.com and go to the “My TXT” menu and click on “TXT Blocking”. You’ll have to sign in with your mobile number and password. From there you should be able to set up the spam filters you need.

5. Anonymous says:

it says my sms network is busy when i try to get onto mobile im. and then it says to wait a few seconds but i can never get on. it has been busy for at least a week. how do i prevent it from being busy.

6. Dylan, i swear says:

hey, my name is dylan too! awesome. well this site really helped. thanks

7. Infinity says:

I set up blocking on a specific number with the sprint network and the person still isn’t blocked. I blocked her with exactly the way her message came in:
    10digitno@MESSAGING.SPRINTPCS.COM
    What am I doing wrong? Do I need to do something with my phone?

• Hotpink_maxima says:

If you have sprint….in the To line put: 9999 no subject and in the message body put: BLOCK 9999999999
      (whatever the phone number is without dashes) Then hit Send….you will get a reply message back saying that phone number has been blocked. My boyfriend was getting unwanted text messages we did that and it worked. It also sends out a message saying: This person is choosing not to receive text messages from you. (or something to that fact).

8. Anonymous says:

I have a chocolate Lg and I tried to send a pic to my phone and it dosnt show

9. Elvey says:

Pics are sent with a different protocol! SMS is for text only.
    Plus, it is vTEXT…

Thanks for the pricing info and URL.

10. Anonymous says:

how do i send mp3s to my verizon phone

11. Anonymous says:

Hi,
    How much is international SMS, meaning how much is it to send SMS from the US to Europe with Verizon or any other carrier?

12. Anonymous says:

what about picture messages. is it vpix.com???? i can send pics to virgin mobile, using vmpix.com….. but not to verizon phone.

13. goodbye_john says:

For verizon, it’s: 10 digit number@vzwpix.com

That’s the address I got when my friend sent me a pix

14. Anonymous says:

My daughter and son in law both have Verizon and I use an MSN E mail address. He can send picturess to my E mail address, but my daughter cannnot.

Can you tell me what the problem may be?

15. Anonymous says:

How do you send a pic to a verizon phone from e mail vwpix.com yes but it wont go as an attchment. pic need to be in txt box of e mail how do u put a pic in txt box of an e mail to send to a phone

16. Anonymous says:

WHEN I SEND AN EMAIL TO CELL PHONE I ONLY GET THE “TO” AND “FROM” NO CONTEXT WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

17. Anonymous says:

i tryed everything possible to send pics via email to a verizon phone #@vtext #@vzwpix.com #@vtext.com.net
    #@vix.com
    #@vzwpix.com.net
    the only thing i found that works is to go to http://picture.vzw.com/pub/composer/guestCreate.do;jsessionid=aNrzjimk5bc9?sortField=-creationDate&category;=Stuff+to+Send%2CE-Cards ive tried everything else if there is another way that some1 has actually tried themselves that works please post it the other way is a major pain ty

18. Tim says:

DO they support SMPP?

19. Anonymous says:

During a true emergency this was a perfect answer to the dilema! Thank you so much! You were my angel today Dylan

20. Anonymous says:

wat if you have unlimited texting does it still charge you???

21. God says:

I am having trouble receiving picture messages from other services. Is there anything I can do? I have the Samsung Gleam

22. Frank Joseph says:

I think that I’m going crazy I’m trying to send a picture from my email address to a version cell phone and so far I’m not having too much luck, can someone help me?

23. TxB says:

You must use [ten-digit #]@vzwpix.com to send pictures and video.

Example: 1234567890@vzwpix.com

24. Anonymous says:

how do i get the picture that i sent?

25. Anonymous says:

In the December 2008 issue of Family Circle it stated that you could send free texts (for those of us who do not have texting plans). How do you do this? Thank you

26. Anonymous says:

if you have unlimited txting does it still cost?

27. Anonymous says:

How would i send a song to a Verizon phone? everytime i try i get a failure notice from MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo.com

28. Anonymous says:

*How Do You Send Pics From Your Phone To Your Desktop Pictures? It’d Be Awesome If You Replied. Thnx.

29. Anonymous says:

If u want to send pic messages from verizon u just have to type this:

(Phone Number)@vzwpix.com

thats it.

30. Anonymous says:

PER THE VERIZON WEBSITE
    Vtext.com is a companion website that is included with every activation of Text Messaging service (at no additional charge).
    This site expands your Text Messaging service by offering a growing variety of messaging features.

31. Steve says:

Is there a way to save all my in coming and out going texts to an accessible file? Maybe in my verizon? Or have duplictae copies sent to an email account?

32. marcus says:

ok for all you verizon users. i have had this problem for months and i am conforming Txb's answer. just get on your computer and go to your email. i use yahoo but others should work too, and so you can do this superfast, save it into your email as a contact as maby my phone
    in the email address you put:
    You must use [ten-digit #]@vzwpix.com to send pictures and video.

Example: 1234567890@vzwpix.com
    i realy hopes this helps and im estatic it worked for me. thank you Txb!!

33. none says:

does verizon charge you for emails say to Yotube… like text emails

34. judy says:

Can someone send me a video on my verizon cell without me knowing who the sender is?

35. cak says:

Send a text message from your phone to your email address. When you receive the email message, look at the From field to see what the address is – that's the address to use to email a text message to your phone.

Send a multimedia message from you phone to your email address. The From field will show you the address to use to email multimedia messages to your phone.

This method will work to determine the address(es) for any phone. :-)

36. Heather says:

Can i send pictures from my cell phone to Europe

37. Tom says:

Can I use this with Outlook to automatically send new message alerts to my phone?

38. lmp says:

Steve asked about saving in coming texts – you can email the messages to your email account
    if your phone came with a cable and desktop sync software, you can use it
    special sofware such as myphoneexplorer will od this
    you also can save you message to your SIMM card and use the card to transfer

39. Dan says:

If you have a verizon cell phone with unlimited txting and picture messagging, does doing this method cost anything xtra?

40. bbbbbyyyy says:

wait so if i want 2 send my bffl message from gmail i have to pay? and its not really telling me how 2 send the message from gmail 2 there verizion phone!

41. Hello Miriam,It is not clear when Assurance Wireless will roll the free text messaging out to their customers. Hopefully, it is sooner rather than later.

42. Sam says:

is there any way to get to sent to your phone without having to pay anything?

43. gary says:

Verizon requires a 10 digit number to block, but the spam message comes from 341-35. How do I block that on Verizon?