Here’s the lowdown on how to use SMS with a Verizon phone.
- Maximum message length: 160 characters, including the sender’s email address, subject line, and callback number
- What happens to longer messages: Everything after the 160th character will be cut off and discarded
- Cost: $10/month for 500 messages, $15/month for 1,500, or $20/month for 5,000 messages, plus 10 cents for each message over the limit. This applies to instant messages and picture and video messages (“PIX and FLIX” messages), but not Mobile-to-Mobile texts, which are unlimited. Verizon text message pricing details.
- More information: Verizon TXT Messaging FAQ
- Still more details: How to use VText
- Send a text from a web form: Verizon Send a Text Message form
- Sending email to a Verizon phone: Use the address format [10-digit-number or vtext nickname]@vtext.com. Example: email@example.com or Sam@vtext.com
Last updated 3/7/2010