If you’ve got a cell phone from Boost Mobile, here’s what you need to know about using SMS text messaging with your mobile.
- Maximum message length: 160 characters.
- What happens to longer messages: Unknown.
- Cost per message: For pay-as-you-go plans, it’s 10 cents per message to send or receive. For unlimited plan users, it’s 10 cents per message to send; free to receive. (Same pricing when you send messages to overseas recipients.) Multimedia messages (MMS) cost 25 cents each to send or receive.
- For more information: Boost Mobile Messaging FAQ
- Sending email to your phone: Use the address format [10-digit phone number]@sms.myboostmobile.com
Here’s a handy tip for Boost customers: When you’re sending a text message to a friend who’s also on Boost, you can include reply options right within their message. That way, when they get your SMS, all they have to do is select a reply — they don’t have to key in a whole message back to you. When you’re sending a text message from an email program on your computer, put 2 tildes (~) before the response section and hit return after each response.
Are you going to the Shania Twain concert?
~ Definitely. (Hit Enter/Return)
~ Nope, wouldn’t be caught dead there.(Hit Enter/Return)
~ Maybe, gotta check with my parents. (Hit Enter/Return)