Got a Sprint PCS cell phone? Here’s what you need to know about using SMS text messaging with your mobile.
- Maximum message length: 160 characters, including the sender’s email address, subject line, and callback number. Some former Nextel customers have a 500 character limit on web messaging.
- What happens to longer messages: Everything after 160 characters will be cut off and discarded.
- Cost per message: $0.15 per message sent and received. Sprint also offers bulk text messaging plans: $5 monthly for 300 messages/month and $15 monthly for unlimited text messaging.
- For more information: Sprint SMS Text Message Details
- Sending email to a Sprint phone: Use the address format [10-digit phone number]@messaging.sprintpcs.com
- If that doesn’t work, for multimedia messages, you might try [10-digit-number]@pm.sprint.com.
Sprint doesn’t publish its text-messaging (SMS) costs anywhere on its website. However, we’ve verified the prices here by checking with Sprint customer service.
Last updated 8/5/2015