If you’ve got a cell phone from Virgin Mobile, here’s what you need to know about using SMS text messaging with your mobile.
- Maximum message length: 160 characters.
- What happens to longer messages: Anything beyond 160 characters will be cut off.
- Cost per message: 10 cents for each message you send or receive to U.S. numbers. For international recipients, you pay 20 cents/message to send and 10 cents to receive. Monthly Messaging Packs will lower your per-message cost if you use SMS a lot.
- For more information: Virgin Mobile Text Messaging
- Sending email to your phone: Use the address format [10-digit phone number]@vmobl.com
Last updated 8/4/2015